Guns Down Is Hiring!August 2, 2018
Want to join a smart, passionate team of advocates working to build a future with fewer guns? As our work grows, our team needs to grow too! We’re looking for a Operations Associate to help support business operations, processes, and systems. Check out the description below.
Location: Washington, DC
About the position:
Guns Down America is the new left flank of the gun violence prevention movement focused on financially draining the NRA and the gun industry and organizing Americans around bold solutions that will help build a future with fewer guns.
We’re now searching for a full-time Operations Associate to join our headquarters in Washington, DC. The Associate will support a range of operational functions, including business development, accounting, compliance, and general office management. The role will include a mix of routine functions and ad hoc projects. If you like puzzling through a problem, and figuring out new processes and systems, if you value being organized, but can roll with controlled chaos as needed, we have the job for you!
As the operations associate, you’ll:
- Support the flow and quality of Guns Down America’s daily operations, growth and development. Edit and format proposals; track status of proposals; and collect data that enables the analysis and improvement of our efforts.
- Oversee organizational treasury services including maintaining updated bank signatories, banking infrastructure, and payment infrastructure.
- Oversee financial management services including maintaining general ledger, accounts payable and receivable.
- Support routine accounting functions with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness, to include coding vendor invoices; reviewing and resolving discrepancies in employee credit card expense reports; recording financial transactions, as designated; liaising with vendors regarding outstanding invoices; and maintaining Finance team les and documentation.
- Serve as staff’s primary point of contact for time tracking, making system updates, monitoring timesheet completion, and generating reports for leadership.
- Assist leadership with scheduling and travel as necessary.
- Conceive of and execute employee relations activities, including birthday and life event celebrations, holiday acknowledgments, or random stuff just because.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of related work experience in an office environment
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- Experience managing projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) Microsoft
- Word and Excel are required, as well as demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn new applications.
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to Igor Volsky, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.